May 8, 2008

Flesh Slaves Milling About…

Think for a moment. In my work environment it's more interesting and educational than I often make it sound. While I've not experienced any reprieve from the daily threats by irate customers (this past week), I have learned a thing or two about being an example both as a Christian and as a Manager (I Peter 3:16). Today being my day off may be the only reason I've not received a physical threat from an angry food consumer. I've been able to think about the blessing's the Lord sends that we would say are "disguised" but are actually obvious! I have bosses above me and coworkers around me that are believers and more often than not, they'll offer encouragement when such trials occur in a stressful work environment (I Thess. 5:11). I thank the Lord for these blessings. It is in light of the trials that I rejoice in His sovereignty. Ultimately, the bottom line results into being a front-row witness of a diverse population of people indulging in the temptations of their flesh. Not only are they enslaved, ensnared, and completely bound by sin, they are examples of what we need to be saved from.

3 comments:

Arthur Sido said...

Hey, stopped by this morning for a coffee and you weren't around...

Michael R. Jones said...

Interesting post and right on the money. What I wonder is how many of those who misteated you are professing Christians?

It seems that many of us (sadly, I must often include myself in this) are more capitalist than Christian when it comes to dealing with people who are simply trying to make a living by sereving us.

I for one will certainly keep your post in the forefront of my mind when next I am dealing with someone in the marketplace (or anywhere else, for that matter).

James said...

Thanks for the understanding. I wish that I could begin to tell of the stories that my crew tell me about the "Sunday Morning Church Crowd." They are the worst of the entire week. Truly sad.

Post a Comment

Please keep your posting clean. Comments, free-thought, and otherwise contradictory remarks are definitely welcome, just be considerate with your language. Oh yeah, I also reserve the right to completely eradicate your comments from any of my posts, but seldom do. Just so you know...