Oct 10, 2007

The Holy Bible and it's abundance!


Remember the Dust On Your Bibles Post?. Well, if you don't, go read it and then come back! Now that you remember, let's just say yeah, it was kind of stressful. Check this out, God in all his sovereign glory has made himself and his abundance known. Not only has he been abundant, he has been exceedingly abundant. I could take this post and go off into a breakdown of all the things that I WANT but don't NEED, or I could do the mercy and nature of God justice and speak about the things that he provides within his own personal will.

In the need of bibles for our ministry and outreach purposes we were able to scratch up a couple here and there. Of course they had been collecting dust on a bookshelf somewhere not being used. They were given out and prayerfully had gone to good use, but we still fell short of the need that we had. The irony of this situation is that within the month and a half of this situation occurring and some prayer, The Lord had answered...

Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves. "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it. "If you love me, you will keep my commandments. (emphasis mine)
(Joh 14:11-15)

This is the most incredible part of this post. Jesus Christ in all his glory provided what was needed for his work...

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,
(Eph 3:20)

Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.
(Jer 33:3)

And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
(Mat 21:22)

Alright what am I talking about? Here I'll tell you. Its all for the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
This past week we received two responses. The first came from a Sister who provided a case of NASB paperback bibles, and the second via E-Mail provided two cases of NKJV bibles. While we usually have some form of a New Testament or an outreach Gospel Of John to giveaway, rarely do we have decent Bibles that are good for regular use. In the need of just a few, the Lord has provided many. We began with needing less than ten, and now have at least seventy-five bibles! PRAISE the Lord of Hosts and thank him for his exceeding abundance.

For those praying for the Detroit ministry please continue to do so and thank you so much. To my Sister's who know their names we thank God for you and offer up prayer and thanksgiving for your obedience to the call of our Lord Jesus Christ and the fulfillment of the great commission.

May the Lamb who was slain receive his full reward...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your posting clean. Comments, free-thought, and otherwise contradictory remarks are definitely welcome, just be considerate with your language. Oh yeah, I also reserve the right to completely eradicate your comments from any of my posts, but seldom do. Just so you know...