Feb 21, 2010

Divorcing Egypt : A Sermon on Hebrews 11:24-27

A couple months back I had the wonderful opportunity to give the morning message to the Saints. I figured that some of you might be interested in hearing the message I gave that day. I struggled greatly with this text while thinking that if I just had the enough commentary, Bible software, and charismatic punchlines, it would all go well. It did indeed go well, but the anxiety I experienced behind presenting it was solidly rooted in the knowledge that I would be delivering the sermon to a body of believers who are diligent in study, and could be likened to the 'Bereans' of sorts. I knew that I could not just present a message and make it sound good, I knew that them message had to be faithful to the Word of God, and soaked in much prayer. I was told it was received well, and I was edified not only in study for it, but in delivering it. I found that the richness of preaching was in seeking to build up those who would be hearing what is said. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your posting clean. Comments, free-thought, and otherwise contradictory remarks are definitely welcome, just be considerate with your language. Oh yeah, I also reserve the right to completely eradicate your comments from any of my posts, but seldom do. Just so you know...