Jul 18, 2008

Worthless Prayer Meetings - Paul Washer

Two years ago I had the privilege of attending a missions conference at Berean Baptist Church of Livonia. It had been the first missions conference I'd ever attended where there was a week of truly sound biblical doctrine expounded upon and prayer being emphasized as a key element in missions work. This particular conference inside of one week's time, in a small congregation, with little amenities (hardly able to be labeled as a "wealthy church") raised an amount equal to that of the yearly budget of the United Methodist Church I was currently attending, and they were in the red to boot. The final night (of which I was in attendance with some friends) Paul Washer preached his second sermon on the importance of prayer and what it really is. Here is a clip of that message I think we all should find very sobering.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your posting clean. Comments, free-thought, and otherwise contradictory remarks are definitely welcome, just be considerate with your language. Oh yeah, I also reserve the right to completely eradicate your comments from any of my posts, but seldom do. Just so you know...