Jul 9, 2008

The Difference Between Priority and Privilege

Me: How are you?

Them: I have no food, we ate out last can of tuna last night.

Me: (Glancing at the foggy door glass from the central-air running) Is everything else okay?
Them: I hope so, maybe in the long run we will be.

Me: Maybe a rearranging of priorities is in order? (cell-phone, central air, cable-TV, cigarettes, electricity, water, food?) Sometimes we take our luxuries for granted don't we? Maybe you should get rid of some of your unnecessary expenses?

Them: Those aren't luxuries, this is America, it's our way of life.

I'm hungry, but I need to buy cigarettes first. Why is it I should help you again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your posting clean. Comments, free-thought, and otherwise contradictory remarks are definitely welcome, just be considerate with your language. Oh yeah, I also reserve the right to completely eradicate your comments from any of my posts, but seldom do. Just so you know...