Jan 7, 2009

Dug Up From The Dust

If I were to have ever sought, would it be that by You I may have been bought?
Is there any sound louder than that of the idols being smashed?
Everything I've ever known to be real has suddenly been dashed.
What of my hopes my dreams, the plans to make loads of cash?
Stardom, celebrity, red carpets and a gold sash.

Prominence, confidence, and self-esteem,
psychologists and counselors to tell me what I mean?
No matter the outcome what judgment would it deem?
Guilty born and guilty living,
even knowing this we go on sinning.
but hope would have it as faith in Christ
through the shed blood of Him who has made us right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your posting clean. Comments, free-thought, and otherwise contradictory remarks are definitely welcome, just be considerate with your language. Oh yeah, I also reserve the right to completely eradicate your comments from any of my posts, but seldom do. Just so you know...