Mar 4, 2009

Rejected by Rehab

Well, I can say that I'm hopeful to return to blogging more frequently again. The impending doom feeling I've been lugging around for the past year and half is finally lifted away from my shoulders. I can with rejoicing praise say that I've had my last "official" class for my undergrad. I am now only two papers and 400 internship hours away from receiving my Bachelor's of Social Work Degree. This comes as great news and a great relief. If you've ever been a student, you know the horrid feeling that lingers when you've got to get that paper done and you just can't seem to squeeze it out until the last second. I guess that primer they gave us in the beginning about managing the 168 hours in a week well didn't work out so well did it?

Speaking of rehab, I got rejected. Yup, you heard it right rejected by rehab. In case you didn't know, I had attempted to intern at a local drug treatment facility. It is well known for it's "Therapeutic Community" approach. This facility would've been ideal and was something I was very excited about. Due to extenuating circumstances I was turned down at the last minute (almost a month after being assured of placement by the director). This left me without an internship position less than three days away from my necessary start date.

I will be continuing to seek opportunities to work in the substance abuse and homeless communities and prayerfully pleading with the Lord for guidance and direction. I hope that you may have a minute or two to spare to intercede on my behalf for this as well. Five years ago I began a mission that would put me into a position to be used in the very communities from which I came, knowing that the compassion and help I was given will be of great use to the same folks who are often overlooked and unconsidered in many ways.

5 comments:

Steve Martin said...

I'll pray that you get the position that you desire, and that it happens quickly.

God bless you!

Arthur Sido said...

God is good. Maybe there is an opportunity for you to put your skillz to work in Lansing?

James said...

Steve, thanks for your encouragement and prayer. I hope to have some answers very soon.

Arthur, I am not tall enough to work in Lansing. You just want me close by dont ya buddy ol pal :)

Arthur Sido said...

SOMEBODY needs to keep an eye on you!

James said...

Ahhh, the subtleties of affection by Mr. Sido...

Post a Comment

Please keep your posting clean. Comments, free-thought, and otherwise contradictory remarks are definitely welcome, just be considerate with your language. Oh yeah, I also reserve the right to completely eradicate your comments from any of my posts, but seldom do. Just so you know...