Mar 10, 2009

Ever Seen Something You Didn't Really See Before?

I don't have anything particularly clever to say here. And that's as if I ever do anyhow. But, I was reading in I John 1 today. I looked at the passage and have always taken it to refer to fellowship with other believers, but it doesn't say that. It says in 1 John 1:7 that if we walk in the light as He is in the light, then we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin.

That means we have to first come out of the darkness. The best part of this scripture (its all great) is the implication of having fellowship with God (one another). This text says that walking in the light equates to walking WITH HIM! That's good news. No serious exegesis needed here, even if I were completely capable anyway. If you've seen this before why didn't you tell me? Wait, why aren't I telling everyone else? I think I will...Starting now...

You can have fellowship with God, you and Him. If you are in Christ, covered by His blood and walking in the light...YOU HAVE FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD... That's good news.

2 comments:

Like a Mustard Seed said...

we have been recently having this same didn't really see before with 1 John too, specifically 1 John 4:10. also how sin can often be unmentioned are something that we needing cleaning from.

thank you for sharing, always enjoy your posts.

lol-@ the left intentionally blank page i almost gave my own definition as i draft legal doc's for a living, but I thought the same thing @ first, 'huh?'

heather

~~~~~

Amazing, we were just reading 1 John the other night... The word in that book are so powerful, they certainly don't need a lot of help to get the message across. Walking in the Light, that is truly where freedom is to be found, and that is the basis for our fellowship with others. Not words, or labels, or creeds, but whether or not we are actually in the Light, whether we are even interested in being cleansed from all sin... - Daniel

James said...

Heather and Daniel, thanks for posting your comment. I appreciate you reading. I've been trying to post a response for a week now, but it appears that Google just doesn't want me to, time out errors are the worst.

So, because I've lost the other two lengthy comments I responded with previously, I'll finish this one with a thanks for commenting!

Post a Comment

Please keep your posting clean. Comments, free-thought, and otherwise contradictory remarks are definitely welcome, just be considerate with your language. Oh yeah, I also reserve the right to completely eradicate your comments from any of my posts, but seldom do. Just so you know...