The Essential Bible Companion to the Psalms is an excellent example of accessibility. Sitting down with the Psalms and giving them a cursory read will often leave the reader with questions or confusion. But, this new resource from Zondervan helps illuminate several key areas of each Psalm for the reader,
- Theme - an overarching and common thread that runs through each Psalm
- Type - categorized by various genres of Psalms that appear in the Scriptures
- Background - a contextual synopsis of the historical and literal events that influence the understanding of the Psalm itself
- Structure - a brief exposition of the Psalm verse by verse
- Special notes - a breakdown of unfamiliar terms or ancient references that may be culturally unfamiliar
I highly recommend you picking this book up, it is well worth having as a desk reference, coffee table book, or sitting on the reference section of your bookshelf.
I received this book from Zondervan in exchange for an unbiased book review.