Mar 15, 2011

Faith that's quotable: Jim Elliot

I have been reading Radical, by David Platt. I am almost finished, and will be posting a review soon. It has been a good read thus far. I thought I would share a quote from the book he utilizes with you that comes from a modern missionary whose life was ended taking the Gospel to the lost,
image from http://www.ccminternational.org
Surely those who know the great passionate heart of Jehovah must deny their own loves to share in the expression of His. Consider the call from the Throne above, "Go ye," and from round about, "Come over and help us," and even the call from the damned souls below, "send Lazarus to my brothers, that they come not to this place." Impelled then, by these voices, I dare not stay home while Quichuas perish. So what if the well-fed church in the homeland needs stirring? They have the Scriptures, Moses, and the Prophets, and a whole lot more. Their condemnation is written on their bank books and in the dust on their Bible covers. American believers have sold their lives to the service of Mammon, and God has His rightful way of dealing with those who succumb to the spirit of Laodicea. -Originally excerpted from Shadow of the Almighty: The Life and Testament of Jim Elliiot by Elisabeth Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your posting clean. Comments, free-thought, and otherwise contradictory remarks are definitely welcome, just be considerate with your language. Oh yeah, I also reserve the right to completely eradicate your comments from any of my posts, but seldom do. Just so you know...