Jan 3, 2008

Secular thought, proved right?

As many of my readers already know, some may not, that I am studying social work. Better yet, I am studying it at a Semi-Emergent, liberal Free-Methodist College. For sake of labeling, I think that one barely does it justice, thank you very much. Aside from that qualifying statement, the textbook I am currently reading has made several statements about the development of a child, and this is the one I have found most amusing...

"Cross-cultural studies show that children all begin to babble in a systematic way. Some aspects of language still baffle us: children always learn to say no before yes." -Human behavior in the social environment, Ashford, Lecroy, & Lortie (3rd Ed.) emphasis mine.

Learn? who said this is a matter of learning, if "we" are so baffled by this notion, after thousands of years of human history and learning, something has to be a definitive source to determine what "really" is occurring here. I'll make an assumption here, and it's one I'm sure will be mutual among many, and that is this, the answer is not the one "we" want, nor the one "we" will accept.

Maybe just maybe...

The wicked are estranged from the womb; These who speak lies go astray from birth.
(Psa 58:3)

Our nature already says NO! To any order, any law, or any thing right. And in fact needs to be righted. What say you?

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
(2Co 5:17)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your posting clean. Comments, free-thought, and otherwise contradictory remarks are definitely welcome, just be considerate with your language. Oh yeah, I also reserve the right to completely eradicate your comments from any of my posts, but seldom do. Just so you know...