Nov 24, 2007

Cures the Gov't don't want you to know about...

As promised, albeit a few days later than presumed...

I was in front of my house finishing up some cuts on the new laminate flooring I've been installing for my mother. While I was cutting a man approached me with a smile and a warm welcome. He asked if I were a carpenter and how things were coming along. I told him I was not, and that I was merely a hack, hacking my way through a project I was hoping would look good in the end! Nevertheless, our conversation swung from his greeting to his sales pitch. He brought out a clipboard from along his side and I could easily notice a long list of incurable diseases and afflictions well known to mankind. Some of the names on the list were AIDS and Muscular Sclerosis. He asked me if I head of a book called "Cures 'they' don't want you to know about". I told him I had, and I even was familiar with the author "Kevin Trudeau". This was a nice little segue for him to swing from his greeting to asking me about natural supplements, vitamin drinks/bars, and other assorted "organic" healing items/novelties. He told me that he had a friend who had begun drinking this "powdered drink" eight months ago. His friend suffered from muscular sclerosis, and now that he has been drinking this he has gone from being wheelchair bound to walking.

This baffled me a bit and immediately I began doubting every word that followed from his mouth. However, I eventually was able to speak and began to tell him about my dependence upon the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation. I also informed him that if it were for me to be afflicted, than so be it, and if it were for me to be healed, than so be it. He made a comment while I was speaking at one point the the Lord doesn't want us to suffer, and laughed off my dialogue about the sufferings of living the "Christian life" and the falsehoods the world teaches about being a believer. The principles I laid out for him were that of our necessity to be dependent upon Christ, the sufferings of the Apostle Paul, and that the Christian life is your best life "LATER" not "NOW". He made reference to the coming Kingdom before we parted ways and I began to put the pieces together that this man was a Jehovah's Witness. He did not challenge or attempt to evangelize me and told me that he appreciated my fine articulation and admonishment of scriptural knowledge. I told him it isn't me, it IS the scripture. He went on to knock on my neighbor's door and left without ever having disclosed his "other" door knocking persona. I told him to come and see me next time "they" are in the neighborhood.

I'm not sure if he will ever come knocking again, but I plan to email him for further discussion. Please pray for this man and all those who are being led astray by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your posting clean. Comments, free-thought, and otherwise contradictory remarks are definitely welcome, just be considerate with your language. Oh yeah, I also reserve the right to completely eradicate your comments from any of my posts, but seldom do. Just so you know...